In a previous post I said that Opera is one of the few non-open source programs I use and gave the best credit for their browser. Well, since I upgraded to the 9.5 beta 1 (build 1643) I am reconsidering. It is by far the worst version of the Opera browser I have ever used! I really can’t believe they released such a buggy version to the public!
Here are some issues :
- it doesn’t respect the cache limits: gradually took over all the (limited) free space of my home partition and I lost my (>5000) bookmark and contacts file!!! What worse could happen, really?
- it doesn’t respect address limit size: trying to write to the address bar may take a few minutes!!!
- Opening loaded pages takes too much time and a 100% CPU
- The program periodically freezes, also freezing everything!!! I get this nice message all the time: “(operapluginwrapper:9762): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_destroy: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed“
- I upgraded to this latest version in order to be able to surf sites using the latest Flash, but most of the time this also doesn’t work, so I use Firefox instead.
- Dragging a web address to bookmarks, doesn’t save the creation time
- Many more bugs tired to list here…
Please, Opera people get serious!